Bhagawad Gita is the essence of all Upanishadic knowledge encapsulated to cater to the welfare of the mankind across eons, through selfless service, devotion and knowledge. Parama Pujya Sri Ganapathy Sachchidananda Swamiji, during the first consecration celebrations (Kumbhabhishekam) of Kārya Siddhi Hanuman Temple in August 2015, emphasized the importance of Bhagawad Gita and instructed everyone to study Gita. Following HIS command 43 kids of ages 7-17 memorized the entire Bhagawad Gita of 18 chapters consisting of 700 shlokas. As a humble tribute to their Sadguru Pujya Sri Swamiji, these kids have formed into groups and have taken a resolve (HARI – HAr GhaR GIta) to spread the importance and benefits of Srimad Bhagawad Gita Parayana to various households and organizations by conducting 75 Gita Parayana Maha Yagnas across 4 States by May 2017.
Benefits of Gita Parayana
Bhagawad Gita is highly beneficial in both the material and in the spiritual lives. Gita is the prime most amongst the spiritual works available for spiritual seekers. Padma Purana states that while it requires a certain caliber to chant the Bhagawad Gita knowing its meaning, even simply chanting the verses also produces great rewards. The Bhagawad Gita in essence, is a treasure house of powerful sound. Regular chanting of the Bhagawad Gita develops a good personal culture. It bestows great comforts and life becomes fulfilled.
- Washes away worst of the sins, including those from previous lives and helps appease planetary problems.
- Gives the benefit equivalent of visiting various pilgrimages and taking a holy dip in the Ganges.
- Lord Krishna resides wherever Gita is chanted.
- Equivalent of essence of all Vedas.
- Bestows good health, peace of mind, happiness and steady intellect.
- Helps attain the higher worlds of consciousness.
- Accrues merit equivalent of donating a cow.
- Creates positive vibrations among the listeners.
- Frees one from the bondages of the dualities of joys & sorrows, diseases and birth & death.
- Freedom from negativities of depression, conflicts, fear, jealousy, anger, ego, hatred, etc.
- Bestows knowledge, helps increase devotion and brings great success in all endeavors.
- Bestows both material and spiritual success.